BASI Pilates Teacher Training
The BASI Pilates™ Teacher Training Programs offer a college-level learning experience for the serious professional seeking a thorough education in the Pilates method. Designed and developed by Rael Isacowitz M.A., founder and director of BASI Pilates™, this program is unique in integrating both the art and science of human movement with a contemporary approach to the work of Joseph Pilates.
Each course covers a fundamental understanding of applied anatomy, physiology and the theory of movement while offering a comprehensive curriculum in the correct and appropriate application of the complete Pilates repertoire. In addition, the course explores many innovative BASI Pilates™ developments of the work that can help the future graduates tailor the technique to different populations and situations for a positive outcome.
- Receive an internationally recognized Pilates certification, PMA membership, and full set of manuals.
- Observation, self-practice, and practice teaching are required elements to your training. 100 observation hours, 200 practice teaching, and 200 practice hours.
- The Foundation Apparatus Program is modular and is comprised of 36 hours of lecture and practical work divided into six study modules.
- The BASI Comprehensive Apparatus Program is for students who have completed the Foundation Apparatus Program. It is comprised of 36 hours of lecture divided into six study modules.
- The Mat Program structure is modular and includes 24 hours of lecture and practical work divided into six study modules.
- Open studio hours (to complete self and practice teaching hours) will be posted upon student availability. Nominal studio rental fees will apply outside those posted hours.
- Apprenticeship and employment opportunities available with Iron Butterfly Pilates.